Our periodontists examine the gums, cheeks, and bones to see if there is gum recession and mobility. The periodontists will also take a small measuring instrument called a probe and place it between the teeth and gums to determine the depth of those spaces, known as periodontal pockets; this helps the periodontist assess the overall health of the gums. X-rays may also be taken to observe the health of the bone below the gum line.
With our complete and thorough periodontal services, you will have healthier gums which in turn will increase overall body health. Having healthy gums and eliminating bad bacteria in the mouth can help prevent you from acquiring illnesses such as heart disease, immune deficiencies, and infections. Staying on top of your oral health is crucial to living a long and happy life.
Guided Tissue Regeneration
Dental implants are one of the most effective methods to replace missing teeth. They generally consist of titanium screws which are placed in the position where the tooth would normally be. It has been proven that titanium metal is accepted by the body, and that the bone adheres to the material fixing it in place. Dental implants have been used for many years, and the technology has steadily improved to where it is today with a high success rate. Our implants are guaranteed with a lifetime warranty.
When decay is extensive and reaches the nerve of the tooth, a root canal is needed. A root canal repairs and saves a tooth that is badly decayed or infected. During a root canal procedure, the damaged nerve and pulp are removed and the tooth is cleaned and sealed. Without treatment, the surrounding tissue of the tooth will become infected and an abscess may form.
Delaying a root canal will not only be painful for the patient but will eventually lead toan extraction. This can then lead to structural problems within the jawbone, not to mention making it more difficult to eat. It is best to save and treat the tooth with a root canal procedure. If left untreated the tooth will have to be extracted with possible implant placement.
Root Canal Retreatment
Wisdom Tooth Extraction
It is important to extract wisdom teeth for the following reasons:
1) To avoid pain caused by the partially erupted or fully erupted tooth, this can cause sensitivity and make it difficult to chew.
2) To make it easier to clean the teeth: Since wisdom teeth are towards the back of the mouth, it can be difficult to reach that area to clean. Just like any other tooth if wisdom teeth are not being cleaned properly it can lead to infection and also damage neighboring teeth.
3) To avoid damage and movement of other teeth: Wisdom teeth depending on the position can push the neighboring teeth causing pain and also the remaining teeth to become crooked.
It is important for all patients to strictly adhere to the post-procedure instructions given to them by their oral surgeon. Take all directions seriously, and be sure to follow your regimen until you have been told otherwise.
Some people are fearful or anxious about visiting the dentist and as a result jeopardizing their oral health. This is why our office offers sedation dentistry.
Some Benefits of Sedation Dentistry:
- Relax during your dental treatment
- You will have little or no memory of the experience.
- You can relax for up to five to six hours after the IV sedation. The time you are relaxing will vary depending on your needed treatment and type of anesthesia delivered.
Complex extractions that often require multiple appointments can often be done in as little as one or two visits! People who have difficulty getting numb will have no problem when relaxed. Sedation dentistry is a safe way to reduce the fatigue of extended dental treatment requiring long visits.